- Integral advocate of coupons for 30 years
- ACP’s sixty plus members are a who’s who of coupons including; General Mills, Southeastern Grocers, Kimberly Clark, Kelloggs, Pepsi, Hormel, Wakefern, Spartan Nash, Catalina, News America, Inmar, Quotient, Kantar Media, You Tech etc.
- Prestigious Annual Awards and Lifetime Achievement awards
- Present the Annual Industry Coupon conference in collaboration with JICC, GMA FMI, CIC and BAA, formerly PMA. The annual conference is where industry leaders converge to build relationships, learn the latest trends, emerging technologies, and developments in consumer insight, traditional coupons, internet print at home and digital coupon offerings
- Free webinars addressing critical issues in the coupon industry:
- Recorded Webinars
- GS1 Databar Practical Guide
- How to Coupon
- Family Codes for Manufacturers
- Family Codes for Retailers
- The New Paperless Coupon Standard & Process
- Coupon Best Practices; Program, Process, People, Partners
- 2017 Trends, 2018 Outlook in manufacturer Coupons
- Four-five webinars per year, recorded and available in members’ area
- Recorded Webinars
COMMITTEES & TASK FORCES
Coupon Best Practices Committee: Develops and publishes coupon guidelines and best practices in collaboration with Grocery Manufacturers Association, the Food Marketing Institute and the Joint Industry Coupon Committee
GS1 Databar Task Force: Ongoing support to improve the implementation of the GS1 databar format
Digital Coupon Task Force: Develops primers, redemption guidelines and best practices in this emerging area of couponing
Coupon Conference Planning Committee: Develops the agenda and presents the Annual Industry Coupon Conference in collaboration with GMA, FMI, JICC, CIC, BAA
Education & Training Committee: Develops content and presents webinars, educational training sessions, and contributes to the agenda of the annual Coupon Industry conference
Printer Task Force: Develops best practices for printing security and accuracy
Canadian Task Force: Addresses coupon issues unique to Canada
Market Research Task Force: Develops unique consumer coupon insight from research data, and aids standardization of terminology
Health & Wellness Task Force: Develops reports and guides addressing issues specific to health and wellness, and the natural products channel.
Awards Committee: Develops criteria, solicits nominations, and determines Industry Impact, Lifetime Achievement and Special Recognition awards.
Membership Committee: Recruits new members and plays a key role in recommending and / or developing new programs or services to attract members
Guidelines and best practices developed by ACP Committees and Task Forces that are available for download:
- Adjustment Reason Codes
- Canadian Internet Coupon Guidelines
- Coupon Design
- Coupon History
- Creative and Printers Guideline
- Digital Coupon Primer
- Digital Distribution Methods Report
- Family Codes with GS1 Databar Examples
- Gs1 DataBar, a Practical Guide
- How to Coupon Guide
- How to Coupon Guide, Natural Products
- Lost in Transit
- Print at Home Coupon Guidelines
- Self-Checkout & Coupon Redemption
- Voluntary Guide Healthcare Distributed Coupons
TRADE ASSOCIATION RELATIONS
JICC, FMI GMA, PMA
The ACP is working in collaboration with the leadership of JICC, FMI, and GMA. A leadership committee of the four associations was formed to address coupon guidelines. GS1US and CIC are also involved. Prioritization of topics and work delegation is geared toward the association best equipped to accomplish a task. The objective is to address issues topic by topic, seek endorsement from all associations and make available to industry participants.
FMI, GMA and PMA participate in the Industry Coupon Conference Planning Task Force and support ACP events.
The GS1 Databar Liaison Task force has been actively working with GS1US on the GS1 Databar implementation.
Coupon Information Center (CIC)
The ACP and CIC have an excellent relationship of cooperation regarding misredemption and fraud issues.