- An integral supporter of coupons for nearly 30 years.
- ACP’s fifty plus members are a who’s who of coupons including; General Mills, Southeastern Grocers, Kimberly Clark, Kelloggs, Pepsi, Hormel, Wakefern, Hewlett Packard, Spartan Foods, Catalina, NewsAmerica, Inmar, Coupons, Inc, ERS, Kantar Media, Google, You Tech etc…
- Prestigious Annual Awards and Lifetime Achievement awards.
- Present the Annual Industry Coupon conference in collaboration with JICC, GMA FMI, CIC and BAA, formerly PMA. The annual conference is where industry leader converge to build relationships, learn the latest trends, emerging technologies, and developments in consumer insight, traditional coupons, internet print at home and digital coupon offerings..
- Regional Coupon 101 \ 102 workshops. By advocating best practices we create a more viable industry for all participants. The ACP present regional Coupon 101\102 workshops annually
Committees and Task Forces:
Coupon Guidelines Task Force: Develops and publishes coupon guidelines and best practices. In collaboration with Grocery Manufactures Association, the Food Marketing Institute and the Joint Industry Coupon Committee
GS1 Databar Task Force: Ongoing support to improve the implementation of the GS1 databar format.
Digital Coupon and Redemption Task Force: Develops primers, redemption guidelines and best practices in this emerging area of couponing
Coupon Conference Planning Committee: Develops the agenda and presents the Annual Industry Coupon Conference in collaboration with GMA, FMI, JICC, CIC, BAA.
Education Committee: develops content and presents the Coupon 101\102 Workshop, the must attend seminar for people new to the coupon industry, and contributes to the agenda of the annual Coupon Industry conference
Internet Couponing Task Force: Develops guidelines, supports the benefits of, and identifies issues associated with this dynamic coupon vehicle.
Printer Task Force: Develops best practices for printing security, and accuracy
Canadian Task Force: Addresses coupon issues unique to Canada.
Market Research Task Force – develops unique consumer coupon insight from research data, and aids standardization of terminology
Membership Committee: Recruits new members and plays a key role in recommending and / or developing new programs or services to attract members.
Guidelines, and best practices developed by ACP Committees and Task Forces that are available for download:
- Internet Coupon Guidelines, and Retail poster “Cashier tips to assist in recognizing legitimate Internet coupons”
- Digital Coupon Guidelines
- Family Codes Guide
- Coupon History documentation
- Coupon Design and ‘how to” guide
- Creation of a unique reason code for Counterfeit Coupons
- Modify and update of manufacturer payment/reason codes
- Industry Glossary
Trade Association Relations
JICC, FMI GMA, PMA
The ACP is working in collaboration with the leadership of JICC, FMI, and GMA. A leadership committee of the four associations was formed to address coupon guidelines. GS1US and CIC are also involved. Prioritization of topics and work delegation is geared toward the association best equipped to accomplish a task. The objective is to address issues topic by topic, seek endorsement from all associations and make available to industry participants.
FMI, GMA and PMA participate in the Industry Coupon Conference Planning Task Force and support ACP events.
The GS1 Databar Liaison Task force has been actively working with GS1US on the GS1 Databar implementation.
Coupon Information Center (CIC)
The ACP and CIC have an excellent relationship of cooperation regarding misredemption and fraud issues.
The ACP annually attends the CIC Summit and hold a Coupon 101\102 Workshop the day prior to the Summit. The CIC presents at the Industry Coupon Conference.
Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The ACP has participated on each of MMA’s digital coupon guideline updates. John Morgan, Executive Director served on a digital coupon panel at the 2013 MMA conference in San Francisco, CA.